In iOS 15, Apple makes it easier for users if they want to restore iCloud data even if they forget their iPhone password or passcode.
So if your Apple ID account is locked, you can restore it with Account Recovery. But you need to do this tutorial as a precaution when your account is locked at any time.
Easy Steps to Use Account recovery on iOS 15
- Step 1. Open Settings.
- Step 2. Tap your Apple ID option on the top banner
- Step 3. Tap the Password & Security option.
- Step 4. Tap the Account Recovery option.
- Step 5. Tap the Add Recovery Contact option.
- Step 6. Tap the Add Recovery Contact option again.
- Step 7. Use Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode authentication.
- Step 8. Enter your Apple ID password.
- Step 9. Select the contact you want, you can choose one or more. Keep in mind that only contacts using devices from Apple can be registered.
- Step 10. Next you need to send a message to the relevant contact as confirmation.
- Account Recovery process on iOS 15 is complete.
After the process is complete, the contact will be an option when you want to recover a locked Apple ID. So later when the Apple ID is locked, you can contact the registered contact to get the unlock code.