How do i get my business on google maps – get your business on Google Maps can increase traffic to your store or business. When you put your business on Google Maps, you open the way for a broader brand. Customers looking for, say, Bakery in their area will open Google Maps in search of that Bakery and discover that your business (Bakery) is a few minutes of their location. No work on your end, you just scored a new customer!
Google My Business (GMB) is a platform where you can control your business in Google Maps and list the results of local search engines. You can add contact details, opening hours, showcase pictures and interact directly with potential customers. You can also respond to customer feedback and manage your online reputation.
Read also: Whatsapp Business account features
If you have not already created a business on Google My Business list, it is time spent to help you get started and create one. Below we present quickly all necessary steps to create your Google Maps first list.
how to get my business on google maps
- Sign in directly on the Google My Business site at https://www.google.com/business/
- Click the Add your business to Google button
- Set Your Business Name
- Choose Your Business Category and NEXT
- You must select “Yes” if you want your business address and information to appear on the search page.
- Add Your Business Location, Write down your business address in full so that Google is able to track it properly
- Google will check whether your business is registered or not. If the list that came out was not your business, select “None of these”
- After filling in all business data, you will be asked to determine your location point on Google Maps. Put the location point is right at your store.
- This option is for you to choose whether to serve consumers outside the office? If yes, select the first option, which is “Yes, I also serve them outside my location”. Furthermore, Google will inform your consumers about the location of the office other than those that have been registered.
- Set Your Contact Details
- Toggle Email Notifications
After all processes are completed, Google will send a physical letter to your business address to ensure that the address you registered is not fictitious. After that, your Google Business address and account are active. The delivery process will take approximately four days.
Once you have completed all your information and select a business category, Google will verify the address of your business by physically sending a postcard for you.
This postcard is registered with PIN verification, which you can then input online to complete the verification. phone verification, electronic verification and instant verification exist, but are only available for selected companies. Here is the Google page on verifying your business listing.
If you enter the verification code successfully, that means your location has been officially indexed on Google Maps. Add a few photos that illustrate the location of the business. In addition, also complete with information when the store is open and closed in order to provide more information to others.
Get your business on Google Maps is only the first step. Head to our page on How to rank higher on Google Maps to get your business showing above for relevant searches.