How to Activate Active Directory Features in Windows 10 – A computer operating system certainly requires an active directory to manage network servers. At a minimum, the directory holds all resources, such as a central database, accounts, and users. In the Windows operating system, the directory service is called Active Directory which allows resources to be accessed by several network users.
Active Directory Domain Services function
DDS has the following functions that support computer and network work.
- Determine data access in a network. This means that ADDS gives computer users permission or restrictions to access certain folders on the server.
- Manage computer network access procedures used by headquarters, branch offices, and remote employees.
- ADDS makes it easy to set up a network on a company’s computer system. To activate the network on other computers, users can simply make settings from their respective places. You do this by entering a username and password that has been determined.
- Centralized resources so that network computer management is easier and more controlled.
- ADDS facilitates Group Policy to regulate computer users who may enter certain organizations or groups.
- ADDS has a higher level of security compared to other directory services.
We will teach you how to install Active Directory features on Windows 10 computers. You need to use Windows 10 Professional or Enterprise to be able to install this feature
Part 1: Installing Remote Server Administration Equipment
- Visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45520 through a web browser. The Active Directory feature is not included in the default Windows 10 feature so you need to download it from the Microsoft website. “
- If you don’t use Windows 10 Professional or Enterprise, the installation cannot run.
2. Click Download. This is the red download button. You may need to swipe the screen to find it.
3. Click the blank column next to “File Name“. After that, all the files in the list will be selected.
4. Click Next.
5. Download all four files to the computer. There are several files that need to be downloaded so click the “Save” button for all files, according to the instructions.
6. Open the “Downloads” folder. This folder is displayed in the “This PC” window or desktop.
7. Install all four files. Double-click the first file, then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation. Do the same thing with other files that have been downloaded.
Part 2: Activate Active Director
- Open the Control Panel program. Type the control panel in the search bar, then click “Control Panel” from the search results.
- Click program.
- Click Turn Windows features on or off. A dialog box will appear afterwards.
- Swipe the screen and click + next to the “Remote Server Administration Tools” entry. The list of equipment will then be expanded.
- Click the icon + button next to the “Role Administration Tools” entry.
- Check the box next to “AD DS Tools”. Windows will install a few files and ask you to restart the computer.
- Click Restart now. The computer will shut down and restart. When the computer is running again, you can access the “Active Directory” tool through the “Windows Administrative Tools” segment in the “Start” menu.
Leave a Reply