If you are a loyal Telegram user, to increase security, you can lock the Telegram application with Face ID (for iPhone X series and above) or Touch ID (for iPhone X series and below and SE 2020). So if you have a secret conversation and you don’t want anyone to read it when you borrow your iPhone, then you can lock it for increased privacy.
Activate Face ID or Touch ID on Telegram
- Open the telegram application on your phone.
- Enter the Settings menu in the lower right corner.
- Select the Privacy and Security option.
- Click the Passcode & Face ID or Touch ID option.
- Tap the Turn Passcode On option. At this stage you need to setup a passcode as a password when you want to access these settings and also existing conversations (you can also use Face ID / Touch ID as an alternative passcode).
- Tap (On) the Unlock with Face ID / Touch ID option, then specify the required time delay before Telegram locks automatically (or you can also disable it).
easy isn’t it? you can try it, good luck!