how to change default decimal separator in Windows 10 – This solution will help when a client tries to import a report from a CSV file and appears in the first column. when you open the csv file sometimes the format becomes cluttered, it can’t be read, because the decimal separator format is different from the csv format that you downloaded.
You can change the default decimal separator in Windows 10, to adjust the format you need. for example, a comma becomes a semicolon. to change it in Windows 10 is very easy you can follow the steps below.
In addition to CSV, in processing data using Microsoft Office Excel we also need to pay attention to the language settings or regional settings of the computer that we use. Because this will affect the way we write excel formulas and functions in Microsoft Excel. In addition this regional setting will also affect how the display format of numbers, currencies and dates in the data that we process.
how to change default decimal separator in Windows 10
- Please open the Control Panel menu, by clicking on the Windows 10 search feature then typing Control Panel
- then in the Clock and Region menu click underneath Change date, time or number formats
- Then in the TAB formats, click the Additional settings button
- In the Decimal Symbol column, replace with periods (.) then List Separator, please replace it with comma (,). Usually for CSV, the separator usually uses a dot or semicolon to adjust your needs.
- Then please click the OK button
Thus how to change the default decimal separator in Windows 10, may be useful for you.
Leave a Reply