In Among Us, there are tons of game settings that you can change to customize the way you want the game to be. For example, you can choose to have more than one Impostor, increase the player’s movement speed, or modify the duration of an emergency encounter.
The possibilities are endless and you can tweak each setting to your liking. There is no intuitive user interface in the game for modifying settings, so here’s a quick guide on how to do it!
How to Change Settings in Among Us
Here are the steps for How to Change Game Settings among Us. Note that only the host (the player creating the lobby) can change this setting.
In the lobby, open the computer and tap “Customize”.
You can only change these game settings once you’re in the lobby waiting for other players to join.Tapping the Customize button will open a window where you can select the color and appearance of your avatar.
Open the “Games” Tab.
Another way to change among us settings is to tap the “Game” tab to open the game settings panel. Here are some of the in-game settings among us that you can change
- Impostors: Number of Impostors in the game. Limit indicates the minimum number of importers allowed.
- Confirm Ejects: If “on,” this feature will tell you whether the person who was ejected is an impostor or not.
- Emergency Meetings: Set the number of emergency meetings that can be applied to each player from the center area of the map.
- Emergency Cooldown: How long do players have to wait for the next emergency meeting.
- Discussion Time: How long does the discussion about Impostors take before voting (in seconds).
- Voting Time: How long the players are given time to vote. Can be used as additional discussion time.
- Crewmate Vision: How far the crewmate can see the surrounding area.
- Impostor Vision: How far the impostor can see the surrounding area.
- Player Speed: How fast the player can go. Used to increase and decrease speed.
- Kill Cooldown: How long the impostor must wait for the next kill.
- Kill Distance: Adjusts the distance for the impostor to kill a crewmate.
- Visual Tasks: Some tasks have visibility (the player can see other players doing the task). If the player is seen doing the task, it proves that they are not an impostor.
- Common Tasks: The simplest Tasks in the game.
- Long Tasks: The task that took the longest. Need to be done in several locations.
- Short Tasks: The fastest task to complete.
Feel free to try and experiment with values. Some players prefer a faster movement speed and shorter voting duration for fast-paced gaming. If Crewmates always win, you can choose to give Impostors more of an advantage by increasing their vision, or decreasing their “Cooldown Kills”.
When playing with friends, we have a lot of fun when there is more than one Impostor. That way, more players can become Impostors more often! It’s all about player preference and the right balance amount!
Also, when joining other players’ rooms, we highly recommend you to check the game settings.
It is very important to know, for example, how many common tasks there are, or whether or not Visual Tasks are enabled.
HOW TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT GAME SETTINGS BETWEEN US
You can also select the “Recommended Settings” checkbox if you want to reset to default settings.
How to Change UI Settings and Controls in Among Us
If you want to change the UI and control settings in the game, you can do this via the gear icon on the top right or on the main menu. In this menu, you can choose whether you want to use Joystick or Touch controls. We also recommend using the largest size for Joystick control especially if you have a smaller device and big hands!