How to change the Administrator Account Name in Windows 10 – As we already know, in Windows 10 there is the term local account, you can add multiple accounts in this setting. In this tutorial, you will find out how to change the administrator user name in Windows 10. Changing a user name can become a new identity if that user has been replaced or wants to replace it with a new name. This is an account setting that allows us to sign in on our own computer or laptop.
This account has uses in many ways. Example:
- Give a name to the computer.
- Set certain access to the system.
- To give a password.
Actually this setting is not only in Windows 10 only. In previous versions of Windows there are already these settings, for example like in Windows 7 and Windows 8.
This account settings will actually appear at the beginning, when we just install Windows. But, for those who want to change their name you can follow the following tutorial.
How to change Account Name in Windows 10
Way through the Control Panel. With this Control Panel, we can change the account name that has been set from the beginning.
- Please open the Control panel first. please type in the search box “Control Panel“
- Then Then click the User Account menu.
- After the Control Panel window appears, point the pointer to the User Account then click Change account type as shown below.
- After that, a user account will appear on your PC. Select and double click on the user account that you want to rename as in the image below. In the Change an Account window, click Change the account name as shown below.
- In the Rename Account window, enter your new user name in the dialog box provided. When finished, click the Change Name button.
- Well, try to look back at the user account that you have renamed. As you can see the username has changed as you created in the Rename Account window.
That’s how to change the Administrator Account Name in Windows 10.