Hotspot is a location where you can access the internet without using wired media via a smartphone, PC, laptop, or other device that has WiFi (Wireless Fidelity) function.
It’s not difficult to create your own hotspot, you can do it with a smartphone, laptop or computer. The hotspot feature for mobile phones may already be available, but what if you want to use the hotspot on a computer or laptop that doesn’t have one?
A laptop or PC that uses Windows 11 can be used as a hotspot in addition to being able to perform certain functions. It’s very easy to create a hotspot on a laptop, and you can do it without using any software.
Creating a Wi-Fi Hotspot in Windows 11
This is the easiest way to turn your Windows 11 PC into a WiFi hotspot in less than a minute. Here are the steps that must be taken to activate the mobile hotspot and share the internet connection with other devices
- Step 1. Press Win+i keys together on your keyboard to open Settings app.
- Step 2. On the Settings page, click on Network & internet on the left side of the panel.
- Step 3. Now, go to the right side of the page, scroll down and turn on Mobile hotspot.
*Note – You can click on the Mobile hotspot option and enable the Save power option. to your PC.
This is to ensure that when no devices are connected to your PC, the mobile hotspot is disabled by default.
- Step 4. If you are using Mobile Hotspot for the first time, make sure to name your Hotspot and add a password.By scrolling down on the Properties section, click Edit.
- Step 5. On Edit network info, click on Network name and add the name you want, which is easy to remember. Then, under Network password, add a password of at least 8 characters. Press Save to save changes.