How to Create Hard Disk Partition Windows 10 – The term hard disk partition may be familiar in the computer world. Partitioning a hard disk is a method for dividing the hard disk into several parts (partitions) so that data management is much neater and structured.
For Windows 10 users, it’s easy how to partition a disk in Windows 10, from reducing the size of a partition, creating a new partition, deleting a partition to increasing the size of a partition, all tools are available on Windows 10 without third parties.
How to Create Hard Disk Partition Windows 10
Shrink Volume – Decrease partition size
This volume shrink allows us to shrink or split a partition. The size of the partition that we shrunk before will become unallocated space. And you can use it to increase the size of other partitions or to create new partitions.
- First open Disk Management by right-clicking the windows logo located on the bottom left of the desktop screen.
- In Disk Management there is information about the partitions on the HDD of your PC or laptop. For example, in the directory hard drive c:
- Right-click the partition you want, then select Shrink Volume. For example, I want to shrink the size of partition D.
- Enter the capacity you want (in MB). For example, I want to shrink the partition by 15GB of the total partition size.
- Whereas the one you shrunk was now Unallocated. You can use it to increase the size of other partitions or to create new partitions.
New simple volume – Create a new partition
To create a new partition, we need an unallocated space. We have done a shrink volume, so we now have unallocated space or hard disk space that has not been allocated.
To create a partition how to do it as follows:
- in the Unallocated room please right-click, then select New Simple Volume.
- Then select the Next button.
- Determine the size of the new partition you want. For example, I use all of them, 50 GB for me to make a new partition. If so, click Next button.
- then Assign Drive letter or path You are told to choose the drive letter on your new partition. This drive letter is the identity of an alphabetical partition, for example A-Z. For example I chose F, so later the partition I just created can be called the F partition. Then select Next.
- On the Valume label, please name your new partition, for example: DATA. If you already select Next.
- Then click the FINISH button, now your new partition has been successfully created.
Similarly, How to Create a Hard Disk Partition Windows 10 may be useful.