Google finally released Android 11 Beta to the public after going through the developer preview period. For those of you who has phones that meet the requirements, you can try this operating system to see its new features.
A number of new features are presented in Android 11 Beta. There are at least three new features that Google has favored from its latest Android, namely:
Communication Made Easier
The communication aspect on this latest Android is now easier because it is more organized, where users can communicate more effectively.
In the notification room, there is a special room to organize all messaging applications on the device. This means that all instant messaging applications on your Android device can be accessed through that space (Google calls it dedicated space). This space is presented so that users can easily organize and respond to a number of incoming messages from several applications. Not only that the users can also mark which messages are priority. If it is marked as a priority message, the notification will still appear even if the device is in “do not disturb” setting. To reply to incoming messages, you don’t need to open the application first. You can immediately respond to messages that come through this special room.
Control Devices and Other Media
Android 11 beta can be used to access, and even control other devices. For example, looking at CCTV at home, setting up the TV, setting up speakers, and much more.
Through the latest Android, it will be easier for us to control several other devices. The trick, just long press the power button on the Android phone with the latest operating system. After that the options will appear to control other connected devices such as air conditioners, lights, doors, and many more.
Increased privacy is also one of the aspects that Googles has updated on this latest Android. With every Android update, there are always the latest privacy and security settings to control how and when a device shares its data. In this android 11 beta, licensing issues are regulated even more strictly.
How to download Android 11 beta
To upgrade your cellphone to Android 11 beta, first make sure that your cellphone meets the requirements. This is a guide to check if your phone meets Android 11 Beta requirements:
- Go to Settings> About Phone> Version number. If the version number starts with RPP, you are running the beta version of Android 11.
- Restart device. There will be a message saying that your device is running a beta version of Android.
Before starting, make sure you have backed up the data on your cellphone. Okay, if you are sure to join the Android Beta program, here’s how to easily upgrade to Android 11 Beta:
- Join the Android Beta Program. Visit Android 11 Beta (If you have registered for Android Beta before, you must still register to get Android 11 Beta).
- Register your cell phone. If you have registered with the Android 11 beta program, select ‘enroll’ on your cellphone to start the test).
- Wait for the notification that appears on your smartphone, to download and install Android 11. It usually takes time for notifications to appear on your smartphone.
- If you want to install, it manually without waiting for a notification, you can go to the ‘Settings’ menu on the phone, select ‘System’ and select ‘System Update’. Select ‘Check For Updates’ to see if your phone is running the latest Android version.
- Follow the guide that appears on your phone to download Android 11 and wait for the installation to complete.
- Restart your phone.
- Google states Android 11 beta ‘may contain errors and flaws that could affect the normal functioning of your device’ and the only way to get back to Android 10 if you have any problems is to factory reset your phone so make sure to back up your data first.
- You can exit the program at any time to return to the stable public version of Android. If you leave this version while your device is running a beta version of Android, all user data on the device will be deleted. If you choose to remain registered until the end of the program, you will complete the program and receive an update to the stable public release of Android 11. The device will not be wiped.
So many references on how to upgrade Android 11 Beta on your cellphone through Google’s official program. Hopefully this guide was of use to you!