To increase security, you can use Windows 11 to create BitLocker on Internal or external storage such as Flashdisk, SD Card, external hard disk or other external storage as long as you are still using the NTFS, FAT16, FAT32, or exFAT file system.
For those who don’t know, BitLocker itself is a feature that has existed since the era of Windows Vista. Where this feature can be used to encrypt a storage drive so that only people who know the password can access the partition.
So then how to Activate BitLocker in Windows 11? Here we summarize the short steps.
How to Enable BitLocker in Windows 11
- Step 1. First prepare which partition you want to encrypt, here as an example I will encrypt the Collections partition.
- Step 2. Right-click on the desired drive or partition, then select the Turn on BitLocker option.
If the option is not there, in the Context Menu, please first click Show more options. After you click Turn on BitLocker, please wait a moment and follow the following advanced steps.
- Step 3. Entering the wizard page, you must check the Use a password to unlock the drive option and enter the password then click Next.
- Step 4. Then you have to first select where you want to save the recovery key.. You can save it in a Microsoft account, in the form of a file, or in physical form (print).
- Step 5. At this stage, you can choose to encrypt only the part that already has data in it (new data that will enter in the future will be encrypted automatically) or encrypt it completely.
- Step 6. You must specify your preferred encryption method first between New encryption mode (XTS-AES 128-bit, supports Windows 10 and Windows 11 only) or Compatible mode (AES-CBC 128-bit, supports Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8/8.1.) .
- Step 7. Finally, to start the process, please click Start Encrypting.
And it’s done. If there is already a lock icon on the partition, then the encryption process has been completed. You will be asked to enter the password that was created before each time you want to open the partition.
So easy isn’t it?, please try it, hopefully this article is useful for securing your important data. Thank you.
Leave a Reply