A transcript is a text version of all the words spoken in the video in sequence. You may want to get a transcript of a YouTube video for whatever reason; there are a number of ways to do that. Although reaching 100% accuracy of the transcript is not guaranteed, it can be achieved if the video uploader uploads the transcribed file too. YouTube offers the option for content creators to upload a transcript file with their videos. By owning the transcribed video, and uploading the transcript to YouTube, Google gets specific information about the video’s content. This helps in the SEO of questionable videos.
Video transcript is to convert video to text. How to transcribe the actual video can also be done on an Android cellphone by using a video transcription application that can be found easily out there. However, this time we will share how to transcribe videos on YouTube.
YouTube automatically transcribes videos using Google Speech Recognition technology. You can easily access the transcript and copy it along with the timestamp. For videos that are automatically transcribed, YouTube highlights any words that may have been wrongly selected so you can edit them. Also, you can click on the ‘CC’ button in the YouTube player to turn on subtitles and you will see the subtitles in white. The subtitles in gray are the ones that may have some errors. You can see this to change the transcription easily. But keep in mind that the subtitles uploaded by the owner of the video will not have gray text.
How to Get a YouTube Video Transcript
The following steps allow you to convert YouTube videos to text simply by using the transcription tools available on YouTube. You don’t need to use the help of the YouTube to text convert application.
- First of all, please open the video on YouTube for which you want to download the transcript.
- And in this guide I chose a video how to transcript video on YouTube … from Bright Side Channel.
- Please click the horizontal three dots below the video, then the Open Transcript button will appear.
- Please click the Open Transcript button to get the transcript of the video, and a transcript window will appear located to the right of the video.
- Done. You can use the video transcript as needed.