How to Make Download Steam Games Faster — Playing games am a popular choice for many people to release fatigue, or get rid of boredom. Currently, there are a variety of interesting games that can be Applied with smartphone that can be downloaded on the play store. Besides Playstore, there is a platform that is currently popular among game lovers, namely Steam.
Steam is the biggest and most popular game trading platform today, competing with Gog, Origin, Epic Games, and UP lay. However, most gamers think Steam is the favorite place to find, and then buy the latest game releases. This was created because of various attractive offers provided by Steam, such as the Steam Sale.
How do I download games from Steam?
It’s actually not that hard. However, the method is somewhat different from traditional download methods that rely on a browser or download software. To install games from Steam, you need a Steam account and Steam Client software as the medium. This tutorial not only explains how to download games via Steam, but also some tips to speed up the process.
How to Make Download Steam Games Faster
- Run the Steam program then log in to your account.
- Find the game you want to download, then click Play Games. If you choose a paid game, you are required to buy it first.
- Then you will be faced with a message like the following to select the game storage directory, shortcuts, file size information, and estimated download time. Click Next to start the installation process.
Tips for Speeding Up Game Downloads on Steam
Apart from choosing a fast internet bandwidth, the following tips can help speed up the game download process on Steam, so you can play it immediately.
Tip 1: Choose the closest server
The closest server means that the latency time can be minimized. In addition, the division of servers based on regions also reduces the burden on Steam’s bandwidth itself.
- Click the Steam menu in the Steam Client program. Then select Settings.
- Go to the Downloads menu, then make sure the Download Region is the country according to your location. Also the bandwidth limit to be set to No limit. Finally, click OK.
- In addition, you can also choose a server location with low users so that data traffic is minimal. Visit the Steam Download Stats page to view internet statistics for Steam users around the world.
Tip 2: Get Windows to prioritize Steam performance
Uniquely, Windows 10 is equipped with options to prioritize certain programs. Thus, bandwidth and computer resources can be focused on Steam.
- Run the Task Manager by right clicking on the Taskbar then selecting Task Manager. You can also open it with the shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + ESC.
- Go to the Details tab and look for SteamService.exe. After that right click, Set priority to High.
- Click Change priority to confirm the changes.