How to sync folder google drive with Desktop PC – Google Drive is one of the many apps owned by Google. With Google Drive, we can store a variety of files. See it anywhere and share it with anyone. Drive this will facilitate us in storage of files. If you use a PC/Laptop, connecting with Google Drive is a very good breakthrough.
By using Google drive, your data will be safe from damage your computer. And you can open your file anywhere because Google Drive will synchronize with all your devices.
Synchronize Google Drive with a Laptop/PC for Automatic Backup
Synchronizing Google Drive with a Laptop is one of the best steps you can take to always backup data. This step will connect Google Drive with your Laptop storage, so that if there is a data change or there is a new data on the Laptop it will be automatically uploaded to Google Drive. To synchronize Google Drive with your Laptop, you can use the software released by Google, Backup and Sync. Because Google Drive storage is definitely limited, it’s very unlikely to make backups on all your Laptop/PC hard drive content. Therefore, when using this software you can choose which folder to do backup automatically to Google Drive. To synchronize Google Drive with Laptop and automatically backup data using Backup and Sinc software, please follow the steps below.
How to sync folder google drive with Desktop PC/Laptop
- The first step that you have to do is please download the Backup and Sync software. If the software download process is complete, please install the software on your laptop so that it can be used.
- Click Agree and download (Download Backup and Sync for Windows)
- Please open the Backup and Sync from Google software that you have installed on your Laptop. In the initial window that appears and there is a text of All of your files at your fingertips, please click GET STARTED.
- Please login using the Google Drive account that will be used for data backup.
- After successfully logging in with your Google Drive account, a popup will appear that says Choose folders from your computer to continuosly back up to Google Drive. Please click the GOT IT button.
- The next step is to select the folder you want to synchronize. In this section please add all folders on the Laptop that you want to do backups automatically to Google Drive. To add a folder, please click Choose FOLDER then select the folder you want to add. Meanwhile, if you want to cancel a folder, simply uncheck the folder. If all the folders that you want to automatically backup to Google Drive have been added, please click NEXT.
- If you are going to synchronize and download files contained in Google Drive to your Laptop/PC. If you want to enable this feature, please tick the Sync My Drive to this computer. Click START to start the synchronization process.
- To see the Google Drive synchronization process with your Laptop/PC, please click the cloud icon located on the right of Taskbar. Then if you open Google Drive, the Computer tab will have a My Laptop/PC folder that contains the folders you chose earlier.
If something happens to your Laptop/PC lost or Hardisk Laptop damaged, then you still have backup data backup in Google Drive. The most interesting part is because you don’t have to do a backup by manually uploading to Google Drive, but only syncing and automatic backups will run.