How to use PIN Code to Sign in to Windows 10 (apps and Services) – Since the era of Windows 8.1, Microsoft has implemented authentication via PIN and password. In Windows 10 PIN is still maintained as an additional layer of security if deemed necessary. The password is arguably the highest authentication, therefore the PIN cannot replace the password, because to create a PIN you need a primary password that should have been previously created.
As you know, Windows 10 provides many options for you to lock and secure your PC. Ranging from passwords, passwords in the form of images, PINs, fingerprint scanners, to face recognition. In this article I will discuss how to activate and use a PIN to sign in to your Windows 10 PC. This feature is available for users of Windows 10 Home Edition and Windows 10 Pro Edition. However, it should be underlined that this PIN feature only applies if there is a sign in to a Windows 10 PC using a Microsoft account and not a local account. The following are ways to activate the PIN feature on your Windows 10 PC: Now, let’s try how to create a PIN on the Windows 10 operating system.
How to use PIN Code to Sign in to Windows 10 (apps and Services)
- Open the Settings menu. Can be through the Settings icon on the Start menu, or by using the Windows key shortcut + letter I on the keyboard.
- Then Select the Accounts menu (Your accounts, e-mail, sync, work, family).
- Then on the left click the Sign in options menu. If you already have a password, you can immediately create a PIN by clicking the Add button just below the PIN menu. But if not, then you must first create a master password (read here How to Create a Windows 10 login password). In the Password option, please click the Add button.
- Next, please verify your Windows 10 account password.
- Now make the PIN combination you want, make sure both columns are filled with the same PIN. If so, click OK.
Note: The minimum digit requested in the PIN code is 4 digits, but to be more secure you can enter a 6 digit PIN code. Make sure you use a PIN code that is not easy to guess and is widely used, such as a combination of 1234 numbers, reps such as 0000, date of birth, year of birth, and others.
- Done, this is a sign that your PIN has been completed.
Your Windows 10 PC is protected by a PIN code. If at any time you forget your PIN code, don’t worry! You can still sign in to your PC using a normal password or password.