The music streaming app Spotify has launched two new features that offer users a more innovative music listening experience. The two newest spotify features are “Only You and Blend”.
Spotify explains that the “Only You” feature is an in-app experience that provides personalized insights and data such as “Your Audio Birth Chart”, “Your Artist Partner” and “Your Dream Dinner Party” for each user. Through this feature, users can create their own unique “audio world”.
“Blend” is a personal feature that allows two friends or family who can combine their musical tastes into one curated playlist and share the music they love.. This will be updated from time to time based on users’ daily streaming patterns on Spotify.
More value from Spotify Only You
The first advantage that Spotify offers in its Only You feature is “Your Audia Birth Chart”. Spotify calls this feature the Your Audio Birth Chart forecast feature.
Spotify will detail the artists that users listen to the most in the last six months, they call this the Sun Sign. Meanwhile, there is also Moon Sign where Spotify will track the artist that the user is with the best and show the user’s emotional side.
The first advantage that Spotify offers in its Only You feature is “Your Audio Birth Chart”. Spotify calls this feature the Your Audio Birth Chart forecast feature.
The second advantage, Spotify calls it Your Dream Dinner Party. In this case the user can choose as many as 3 artists to be able to come to the dream dinner party.
Bring it all together with Blend
OnlyYou celebrates the unique way in which users listen to music individually, but Spotify knows that music is powerful in bringing people together. Alongside Only You, Spotify is also rolling out a new personalization feature called Blend
This feature will be on the “Made for You” shelf where you can invite other Spotify users to create a playlist with you.
Using similar technology that supports Spotify’s Family Mix and Duo Mix in their respective packages, Blend lets you invite other Spotify users (free users or paid subscribers) to combine their music tastes with yours to create curated playlists featuring songs. which you both like.
How to Use Spotify “Only You” New Features
To enjoy this new feature, all you have to do is open the Spotify app on your phone. You just click the ‘Only You’ banner on your Spotify page.
After that, you will be presented with a summary of your library, which is displayed like Instagram Stories, based on:
- Your Audio Birth Chart : If you’re interested in astrology, then Spotify provides a forecast service using music. Your Sun Sign lists the artists you’ve listened to the most over the past six months; Your Moon Sign shows the artist you’re listening to who best shows your emotional or vulnerable side; Your Rising Sign brings it all together with the artist you just connected.
- Your Dream Dinner party : Choose three artists to invite to your dream dinner party. Once you’ve selected all three, Spotify will create a personalized Spotify playlist for each artist suitable for you to enjoy in the evening or while relaxing.
- Your Artist Pairs : Spotify will show you the unique audio pairs you’ve listened to recently that show your different listening interests. For example, who else will play Ryan Orbinson after long listening to Rex Orange County?
- Your Song Year : From what year did you listen to the music? Part of the latest experience from Spotify shows how you travel music through different time periods with music.
- Your Time of Day : Whether you wake up early or be active at night, Spotify prepares the music and podcast content you listen to at specific times, whether early in the morning or late at night.
- Your Genres/Topics : Spotify provides you with a personalized combination of music genres and podcasts.
After you complete a number of options on Only You like the story, you can share it to other social media such as WhatsApp, Twitter to Instagram. If you have completed the story, Spotify will give you a playlist that has been adjusted according to your listening habits.
How to Use Spotify “blend” New Features
- To use Blend features can be created using the mobile app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone or tablet. To use this blend feature, you open the Spotify app and tap the “Just You” card from the “Search” tab.
- Next, go down to the “Made for Two” section and select “Create a Blend” in the spotify app.
- Then, tap “Invite” to select friends to mingle with by sharing a one-time invitation via message or email. (For each friend you want to “blend” with, you’ll need to create a new invite).
- Once your friend accepts the invitation and joins Blend, Spotify will create a custom playlist for the two of you containing songs you already like—and recommendations that incorporate your preferences and musical tastes.
- You can also easily identify how each friend chooses a song selection. Just check the profile icon next to the track.
While Blend is currently in beta, Spotify promises to improve this feature over time based on user feedback to ensure we provide the best possible listening experience.
Both the Only You and Blend experiences build on technology that Spotify has developed to support other features, such as Wrapped and multi-user mix mixes, rather than creating something entirely new.
But the bigger message Spotify is trying to convey here is that they are way ahead of the competition when it comes to personalization features.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s have fun with #OnlyYou and Blend from Spotify.