How to Use Sandbox in Windows 10 – Microsoft released several new features at the end of 2018, one of the features is Windows Sandbox. If you want a shortcut, then you can use the sandbox. How do you use the windows sandbox in the latest Windows 10? Consider first the functions and understanding of the Windows 10 sandbox below.
Understanding of the Windows 10 Sandbox
In general, Windows Sandbox can be called an application as well as a virtual machine. Sandbox can be used to operate the operating system and test programs or files from the system safely. You can freely test a program without fear of operating system errors. Because after closing the sanbox there is no change at all in the Windows 10 system.
The Windows Sandbox feature is not available in Windows 10 Home. This feature is only available in Windows Pro and Enterprise for Windows 10 only. Windows Sandbox minimum system requirements:
- Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise build 18305 / later
- Runs on 64-bit
- Minimum 4 GB RAM
- 1 GB free disk available
- Minimum 2 CPU cores
- Virtualization is enabled in the BIOS
How to Use Sandbox in Windows 10
- Step 1: First, Open Windows Sandbox by typing “Windows Sandbox” in the Start / taskbar search and then pressing Enter key.
If you can’t find Windows Sandbox, it’s probably because the windows sandbox feature is turned off
- Step 2: Once the Sandbox opens, copy and paste the program settings file you want to test and run in Sandbox windows 10. You can use the Edge browser inside the Sandbox to download the program if it doesn’t exist yet.
- Step 3: Run the file then install the program you want to run. Use the Start menu in Sandbox to launch the program. After that, use the program as you normally would on a normal Windows desktop.
- Step 4: After you are done using and testing the program, close the Sandbox. It should be noted, that after closing the Sandbox, all files will be deleted from the Sandbox. So, if you want to use the program back in the sandbox, you will have to install it again in the Sandbox. Any programs or files that have been downloaded during the process in the sandbox will be deleted.
Programs running in the sandbox will not make any changes to your Windows 10 host operating system. Sandbox will also run without problems without an internet connection.
If you want to use a different program to run in the sandbox. It is recommended that the sandbox window be minimized. Because if you close the sandbox it will erase all the data that is already in the sandbox and you have to start from scratch.
Leave a Reply