Before you do a system restore on Windows 11, you should know what a restore point is.
Everything that exists on this earth will not always run smoothly. Including Windows System, one day there will definitely be an error. To make it easier for you to fix the error, you can rollback the previous settings. And this is the basic function of System Restore.
What is System Restore points?
System Restore is a feature provided by Windows to restore or restore the system to its previous settings. It’s the same as doing a restore from a backup file that applies to a computer system without affecting personal files such as emails, documents, photos, etc.
How does System Restore work?
How System Restore works is to create and save a restore point on the computer with the time we specify. What will be stored in the system restore point is registry information and also various other settings used by Windows.
Steps to Perform a System Restore in Windows 11
- First of all, open Windows Run (Win+R), then type SystemPropertiesProtection.
- Click the System Restore option.
- All you have to do is follow the on-screen instructions, and you’ll be given the option to perform a system restore based on the restore points you created earlier. You have to select a restore point on the screen, then click Next.
- Optionally, you can click scan for affected program option to find out what effects will occur when taking restore points.
- At the final stage, a final confirmation will appear before the system restore process is carried out.
Then, you just have to wait for the system restore process to finish.The processing time depends on the size of the change between the current system state and the one in system restore