Focus Sessions 1
Increase Productivity with Focus Sessions Feature in Windows 11
Through the Windows 11 build 22000.160 update, Microsoft began releasing the Focus Session feature which aims to increase user productivity. So if you want to schedule your time carefully and organized, then this feature is suitable for use.
This article will discuss in full the Focus Session feature in Windows 11.
What is Focus Session?
As the name implies, this feature helps users to increase productivity by setting when to focus and when to take a break.
There will be a dashboard page that displays each progress. In addition, the Focus Session feature is also integrated with Spotify for music and Microsoft To Do for management tasks.
This Focus Session feature is part of the Alarm & Clock application. To get this feature, make sure you are using the Alarm & Clock application version 10.2108.30.0 or above.
Connect Focus Session with Spotify
If you’re the type of person who needs to listen to music to concentrate, then Focus Session offers integration with Spotify to increase your productivity.
On the dashboard page, click the Link your Spotify option (make sure you have previously installed the Spotify app) and log in with your Spotify account.
After the process is complete, you can run the music you’ve ever run, or choose music recommendations from Focus Session.
Connecting Focus Sessions with Microsoft To Do
If you use Microsoft To Do as a reminder application, then you can also integrate it with Focus Session.
You must log in first, by clicking the Sign in option in the lower left corner then enter your Microsoft account.
How to Use Focus Session
After connecting Spotify and Microsoft To Do, then you can try starting a Focus Session.
- Creating a Timer: There are several options for the existing focus time, namely 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes (1x break), 60 minutes (1x break), up to 240 minutes (8x breaks). If you don’t want any breaks, then simply uncheck the Skip breaks option. If so, click the Start focus session option to start it.
- Pop-out Focus Session Timer: If you want to stay focused on the available time, you can also make the timer still appear by clicking Pop-out option in the upper right corner.
- Check progress: On the right side of the Timer, there is a statistical display about the progress you are working on. There is information about how many hours you have focused and how many days the achievement was. Think of it as self-motivation.
Focus Session Settings
Because this is still in the early stages of development, there are not many settings that can be done, there are only a few options that you can choose from in this Focus Session setting, including:
- Change the rest period.
- Turn sound on/off during session break.
- Turns the sound on/off when the focus session is over.
- Turned off Spotify and Microsoft To Do integration.
- Set daily progress.