How To 75
Since the era of Windows Vista, Microsoft has changed the account mechanism in terms of rights or privileges (make changes to system files, read and write files, and others). There are 3 types of accounts, including:
- User:This is a standard account, you can log in with a local account or it integrates with Windows 10. When you are logged in with this user and want to run the app with run as Admin, User Account Control (UAC) will appear and you are prompted to enter the admin password if you wish continue the process.
- Administrator User: This is the standard admin account that is created by default during Windows installation or factory default (OEM). When logged in with this user and want to run the application with run as Admin, then UAC will appear and just click Yes to continue the process.
- Super Administrator: An account where you can perform full system configuration. By running this account there will be no UAC warning when running administrator privileges.
By default, Windows 11 disables the Super Administrator account for security reasons. If you want, then you can use the following method to activate it.
How to Enable Super Administrator on Windows 11 System
- Open Windows Terminal (as Admin), you can open it via Quick Link (Win+X).
- Type the command net user Administrator /active:yes and press enter on the keyboard.,
- If successful, there will be a user option named Administrator.
To turn off the Super Administrator account, you can follow the same steps and then change the command from Yes to No.
Good News for Windows users. The discourse is that Microsoft will announce the new Windows 11 operating system on June 24, 2021, as confirmed by the official Windows Twitter account.
Windows 11 displays a new interface design which is a refresher from the design of Windows 10. The appearance in Windows 11 is a simpler version and a smoother version than Windows 10. In the start menu display, it is made simpler. The menu is placed in the middle, but for those of you who don’t like the look of it you can use the option to move everything to the left side. Another new look of Windows 11, they will have a new trapezoid-shaped logo (almost similar to Windows 8), application icons look more 3D (with the addition of subtle color gradations). Then the corners are deliberately rounded.
For information, if you want to install Windows 11, we can activate Windows 11 using the previous version of Windows license that we already have, it can be Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 with an equivalent variant. On this occasion we will show you how to activate Windows 11 Pro using a Windows 10 Pro Retail License.
Curious? here are the short steps. But before going into the discussion, I always recommend you to use the Original license.
How to Activate Windows 11 Pro
Step 1. First prepare the Windows license that you will use, basically this license contains a Serial number combination of letters and numbers.
Step 2. After the Windows 11 Pro installation is complete and your license has been prepared, you can activate it directly by going to slui.exe or you go through Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
Next, please enter the Serial Number / License that you have in the form provided, don’t forget to also make sure your Internet connection is active so that the activation process runs safely and smoothly.
If you have entered, then please click Next.
Then, please click Activate, please wait a few moments and finish, if it says Windows is activated then the activation process is complete.
Now let’s see the results of the slmgr /dlv and slmgr /xpr commands in the Command Prompt as Admin, is this license Retail and permanently active?
Well, success… Then can this license be reused to activate Windows 10 Pro?, because this is a Retail license, it should still be possible, provided that the license is only used on one device and one operating system.
How easy isn’t it? please try guys, and if Windows 11 has been officially released you can still use the Windows license you already have, without having to spend any money.
I hope this article is useful, thank you.
Microsoft will release Windows 11 soon. In addition to overhauling the display, Windows 11 also provides improvements to users who often do multitasking activities.
Now users will find the snap layout feature that will appear when hovering the mouse over the maximize window option in File Explorer or other applications. Its function is to give users quick access if they want to change the size according to the position offered.
But if you are not so helped by this feature, then you can turn it off easily.
How to Turn Off Snap Layouts Feature in Windows 11
- Open settings on windows 11.
- Click the System option.
- Click the Multitasking option.
- In the right pane, scroll down and uncheck the Show snap layouts when I hover over a window’s maximize button option.
- (Optional), you can also uncheck the Show snap layouts that the app is part of when I hover other taskbar buttons option.
After the process is complete, the snap layout menu will not appear when you hover the mouse. You can do the same steps if you want to restore it.
Google Docs is part of Google Drive. So, you can access this word processing application directly from Google Drive.
As a word processing application, Google Docs can be used to type and edit text. Its function is not much different from Microsoft Word. But the files you create in Google Docs will be directly saved in Google Drive.
Later, the file can be accessed at any time and via a PC, laptop or smartphone that is connected to the internet.
Apart from typing and editing text, you can also use Google Docs to convert PDF files. That way, you can convert PDF files and edit them directly in Google Docs.
What is a PDF File?
PDF itself stands for Portable Document Format, a file format created by Adobe in the early 90s. Until now, PDF files are still one of the most popular files.
Documents stored in this file are generally not editable. But nowadays there are various ways to convert it into another file so that it can be edited again.
Why Use Google Docs to Convert PDF?
Actually, you don’t need to use Google Docs to convert PDF files. There are several alternative options for doing just that. Including a number of websites that provide a practical way to convert PDF files.
However, if you are used to using Google Docs and want to edit the results of converting PDF files in the Google application, then there is no harm in converting PDF directly in Google Docs.
That way, you can directly upload PDF files to Google Drive, convert them in Google Docs and edit them in the application. In addition, you don’t need to convert PDF files manually. This is because the PDF file that you open in Google Docs will be directly converted to a Google Doc file.
How to Convert PDF Files in Google Docs
To convert PDF files in Google Docs, first open the main Google Drive page.
- Upload the PDF file to your Google Drive account by right-clicking inside any folder and selecting Upload file.
- After you upload the PDF file into Google Drive, then right-click the file and select Open with, then select Google Docs.
- Google Docs will automatically convert PDF documents into Google Docs format.
Because the PDF file has been converted to Google Docs, you can also make edits to the file, including deleting text, replacing text, adding text and adding images to the document.
After editing, you can export the file to various other formats such as DOCX, HTML and RTF. You can even save it back as a PDF file.
Windows 10 no longer optimizes external storage devices for Better Performance since the October 2018 update. Windows 10 instead brings Quick Removal as the default policy.
By using Quick Removal as the default policy of Windows 10 then you can unplug your storage device without having to use Safely Remove Hardware. This is a tempting new option compared to Better Performance which functions as a system controller between Windows and external devices and requires us to unplug external devices using Safely Remove Hardware.
Quick Removal is indeed a good breakthrough. Using this policy Windows will write data to the drive as quickly as possible and this ensures you can unplug the USB drive or other external storage device without having to use the Safely Remove option. But did you know, that maybe another program is writing to your USB drive in the background, so I suggest you keep using the Safely Remove Hardware option before unplugging it to reduce the risk of data corruption.
The disadvantage of this Quick Removal policy is that it can slow down or even stop the application you are using until the saving process is complete. This is in contrast to the Better Performance policy.
If you want to enable Better Performance so you don’t get distracted by copying files from/to your USB drive, then you can do that separately for each of your external storage devices. Windows will remember this setting every time you use the USB drive. However, this option will not apply if you plug the USB drive into another PC or you use another USB drive in your PC.
How to Enable Better Performance
- Make sure you have connected an external storage device to your PC.
- Open the Disk Management tool to control your USB drive. To open it, press Win key + X or right-click Start on Windows 10 and select Disk Management from the list. (For Windows 7, press Win + R, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter).
- Find your disk drive in the Disk Management window. Then right click on it and select Properties. (Right-click on Disk 2/3/4 etc, not on the USB drive name you provided). If you are not sure which disk drive is your external storage device, you can check File Explorer before continuing.
- In the Properties window, click the Policies tab. Here you will see that the default policy is set to Quick Removal.
- To change it please select Better performance. You should also enable the Enable write caching on the device setting for better performance.
- Click OK to save changes.
Note: Do not enable the option Turn off Windows write-cache buffer flushing on the device unless your external storage device has separate power as this can cause data to be lost if your computer suddenly shuts down.
Most of Apple users might face the problem where some iOS data like Call logs, Reminders cannot be recovered with some iPhone Data Recovery Software after iOS device upgraded to latest Apple mobile system iOS13. However, you don’t need to worry because here in this tutorial we will show you a handy solution to help restore your call logs, reminders in iOS 13. The only thing you need to do is encrypt your local backup file and load it on Bitwar iPhone Data Recovery Software.
How to Encrypt Local Backup Files using iTunes
Step 1. Visit the official Apple iTunes website: https://www.apple.com/us/itunes/. Download Apple iTunes by computer system: Mac or Windows.
Step 2. Once the installation is complete, Launch iTunes and Connect the Apple device to the computer. Click the Device icon located in the upper left corner in iTunes.
Step 3. Go to the Summary menu and under Backup, check Encrypt Local Backup. Then, enter Password to protect local backup and click Set Password.
Step 4. Once you have done all the previous steps, iTunes will immediately encrypt all your backup data. Be sure to check that the data is encrypted. Select Preferences/Devices from the iTunes bar. You will see a lock icon next to the encrypted iTunes backup data.
Function of clicking Backup Encrypt iPhone
In theory, you can always uncheck encrypted iTunes backup whenever you want, but sometimes there are issues you might find. The Encrypt Local Backup box is clicked, therefore, you are not allowed to disable encrypted backups. This is a frustrating problem because you won’t be able to get access to the backup as well as make changes with it.
Here’s how you can do so that you regain access to your encrypted iTunes backup.
- Step 1: Click Settings in your iPhone menu..
- Step 2: In the drop down menu appearing on the screen, select the General bar.
- Step 3: In the Profile bar, select your current profile and Delete your current profile to restore your iTunes backup.
After that, you will actually be able to get access to the encrypted iTunes backup.
The music streaming app Spotify has launched two new features that offer users a more innovative music listening experience. The two newest spotify features are “Only You and Blend”.
Spotify explains that the “Only You” feature is an in-app experience that provides personalized insights and data such as “Your Audio Birth Chart”, “Your Artist Partner” and “Your Dream Dinner Party” for each user. Through this feature, users can create their own unique “audio world”.
“Blend” is a personal feature that allows two friends or family who can combine their musical tastes into one curated playlist and share the music they love.. This will be updated from time to time based on users’ daily streaming patterns on Spotify.
More value from Spotify Only You
The first advantage that Spotify offers in its Only You feature is “Your Audia Birth Chart”. Spotify calls this feature the Your Audio Birth Chart forecast feature.
Spotify will detail the artists that users listen to the most in the last six months, they call this the Sun Sign. Meanwhile, there is also Moon Sign where Spotify will track the artist that the user is with the best and show the user’s emotional side.
The first advantage that Spotify offers in its Only You feature is “Your Audio Birth Chart”. Spotify calls this feature the Your Audio Birth Chart forecast feature.
The second advantage, Spotify calls it Your Dream Dinner Party. In this case the user can choose as many as 3 artists to be able to come to the dream dinner party.
Bring it all together with Blend
OnlyYou celebrates the unique way in which users listen to music individually, but Spotify knows that music is powerful in bringing people together. Alongside Only You, Spotify is also rolling out a new personalization feature called Blend
This feature will be on the “Made for You” shelf where you can invite other Spotify users to create a playlist with you.
Using similar technology that supports Spotify’s Family Mix and Duo Mix in their respective packages, Blend lets you invite other Spotify users (free users or paid subscribers) to combine their music tastes with yours to create curated playlists featuring songs. which you both like.
How to Use Spotify “Only You” New Features
To enjoy this new feature, all you have to do is open the Spotify app on your phone. You just click the ‘Only You’ banner on your Spotify page.
After that, you will be presented with a summary of your library, which is displayed like Instagram Stories, based on:
- Your Audio Birth Chart : If you’re interested in astrology, then Spotify provides a forecast service using music. Your Sun Sign lists the artists you’ve listened to the most over the past six months; Your Moon Sign shows the artist you’re listening to who best shows your emotional or vulnerable side; Your Rising Sign brings it all together with the artist you just connected.
- Your Dream Dinner party : Choose three artists to invite to your dream dinner party. Once you’ve selected all three, Spotify will create a personalized Spotify playlist for each artist suitable for you to enjoy in the evening or while relaxing.
- Your Artist Pairs : Spotify will show you the unique audio pairs you’ve listened to recently that show your different listening interests. For example, who else will play Ryan Orbinson after long listening to Rex Orange County?
- Your Song Year : From what year did you listen to the music? Part of the latest experience from Spotify shows how you travel music through different time periods with music.
- Your Time of Day : Whether you wake up early or be active at night, Spotify prepares the music and podcast content you listen to at specific times, whether early in the morning or late at night.
- Your Genres/Topics : Spotify provides you with a personalized combination of music genres and podcasts.
After you complete a number of options on Only You like the story, you can share it to other social media such as WhatsApp, Twitter to Instagram. If you have completed the story, Spotify will give you a playlist that has been adjusted according to your listening habits.
How to Use Spotify “blend” New Features
- To use Blend features can be created using the mobile app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone or tablet. To use this blend feature, you open the Spotify app and tap the “Just You” card from the “Search” tab.
- Next, go down to the “Made for Two” section and select “Create a Blend” in the spotify app.
- Then, tap “Invite” to select friends to mingle with by sharing a one-time invitation via message or email. (For each friend you want to “blend” with, you’ll need to create a new invite).
- Once your friend accepts the invitation and joins Blend, Spotify will create a custom playlist for the two of you containing songs you already like—and recommendations that incorporate your preferences and musical tastes.
- You can also easily identify how each friend chooses a song selection. Just check the profile icon next to the track.
While Blend is currently in beta, Spotify promises to improve this feature over time based on user feedback to ensure we provide the best possible listening experience.
Both the Only You and Blend experiences build on technology that Spotify has developed to support other features, such as Wrapped and multi-user mix mixes, rather than creating something entirely new.
But the bigger message Spotify is trying to convey here is that they are way ahead of the competition when it comes to personalization features.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s have fun with #OnlyYou and Blend from Spotify.
Google as a provider of many digital applications knows a number of personal data of its users. Starting from the track record of searching videos on YouTube, to the trail of travel on Google Maps. Google stores that data even though the app is never used at all. This is of course quite worrying because it relates to user privacy. Google users who want to secure their personal data can delete the recorded data.
If you don’t want your partner, friends, or family to peek at your Google search history or YouTube views, but don’t want to go incognito, the good news is that you can breathe a sigh of relief because you can protect your search history on Google from prying eyes as you can now hide both of them behind password verification.
Google has added new features to protect your Web pages and Activity, which include things like searches, YouTube watch history, and questions asked to the Google assistant.
You only need to manually activate the password protection system to use it. Here’s how you can do it
how to protect google search history by using a password
First, go to Activity.google.com and click the Manage My Activity verifications link. The page is easy to spot because it will appear with a blue sign that says, “You can add more security to My Activity by enabling additional verification.”
The next step after you click Manage My Activity, you select Require Extra Verification.
Then, select the password that you will enter each time you want to view your Web and Activity information. The password is used to confirm on the main google login screen.
Once activated, you will have to tap on the Verify button and enter your password every time you want to reveal your activity history.
Without a password, anyone can see what you’ve recently typed into Google or watched on YouTube.
You’ll also see an option to ‘Auto clear’ search history on Web pages and Activity, if you really don’t want anyone to see your history. You can delete your Google activity manually or automatically.
What is BitWarden?
If you are a free LastPass account user, you definitely don’t like the new policy where free account users are only allowed to access one device. But don’t worry, now there is an application that is almost the same as the LastPass application, which is a password manager service that you can use to store all your online account passwords. The application is called BitWarden
BitWarden is a Password Manager which was developed in an open source manner, and according to the message on its main page, BitWarden is selling trust in their service “The Most Trusted Open Source Password Manager for Business”.
Why BitWarden and not others?
We recommend using BitWarden over other similar applications because BitWarden has several advantages. Here are some of them:
- Unlimited Vault Items. Now this is one of the important parts, where most other Password Managers only provide a limited space for the number of how many passwords are stored, BitWarden offers unlimited storage even if you are using a free account though.
- Sync On All Devices. LastPass started to eliminate its multi-device Sync capabilities (for free account users), BitWarden still offers this important feature, where you can of course sync passwords on your Smartphone and then open it on your Desktop.
- Password Generator. It’s incomplete if the Password manager doesn’t have a Password Generator, and take it easy, BitWarden also offers this feature, where you can generate passwords to be stored in the Bitwarden database.
After discussing a little bit about BitWarden, one of the things that we think is mandatory for BitWarden extension users in the browser to do is to activate the login function using a PIN, because as we already know, when the browser closes or the device restarts, we have to re-enter the master password which is shared by us. some people find it impractical.
Now with regard to this, on this occasion we will summarize brief steps on how to set up a BitWarden login using a PIN. Here are the steps.
How to Setup BitWarden Login Using a PIN
Step 1. First, make sure that the BitWarden extension is installed in the browser you are using.
Step 2. Next, after you log into your BitWarden account via the extension, please enter Settings.
Step 3. In the settings of BitWarden, please check the Unlock With PIN option.
Next, please enter the PIN that you will use, and a little suggestion, it’s good “Lock with master password on browser restart” you also check the checklist to add security. But if you want a simpler login method, just remove the checklist.
When finished, please click Submit, and with that now the BitWarden login method in your browser already uses a PIN.
If your laptop supports fingerprint, you can also use the Unlock with biometrics method, for an even faster login method.
So, please try guys, hopefully it’s useful.
Windows 10 includes a new Microsoft feature called “Meet Now” which is part of the Skype platform. The feature appears with a video camera icon in the notification area of the taskbar, which will launch Skype’se Meet Now web conferencing software when clicked.
What is ” Meet Now” feature?
Meet Now icon looks like a small camcorder symbol with a curved line above and below it. By default, this icon appears in the notification area of the Windows 10 taskbar.
Clicking “Meet Now” button will open a small pop-up window with a link to start or join a meeting with Skype, a teleconferencing service owned by Microsoft.
If you don’t have the Skype app installed, the two links will open the Skype website in your default browser. If you have Skype installed, the link will open the Skype application. There is no “Meet Now” application.
While the feature makes it easy to create and join conversations with other people, it’s not something everyone wants. If those features aren’t for you, Windows 10 includes at least three different ways to disable Meet Now integration using the Settings and Group Policy Editor.
How to disable “Meet Now” with Settings
To remove Meet Now from taskbar with Settings, use the following steps:
- Open settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on the taskbar.
- Click “Turn system icon on or off”
- Turn off “Meet now”
On the “Enable or Disable System Icon” page, find “Meet Now” option and turn the knob next to it to disable. If you’ve hidden or disabled Meet Now button and want to see it again, open Settings and go to Personalization> Taskbar> Enable or Disable System Icons. From there, slide the switch next to “Meet Now” to activate it.
How to disable Meet Now with Group Policy
On Windows 10 Pro (Enterprise or Education), you can also disable the Skype Meet Now button by using the Group Policy Editor.
To disable Meet Now in Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open early.
- To open the Local Group Policy Editor, search for gpedit.msc and select the top result
- Explore the following paths:
User Configuration> Administrative Templates> Start Menu and Taskbar
- On the right side, double-click the Delete the Meet Now policy button
- Select “Enabled” option
- Click “OK“
- Restart your computer.