I Phone 1
How to Use FaceTime in Windows Computer
Through the WWDC event last June, Apple announced that FaceTime can now be used not only limited to iOS 15 and Apple devices, but also for other platforms such as Android and Windows.
FaceTime itself is an Apple service that allows users to make video calls. Same with other video call (or group call) applications, only limited to the Apple ecosystem. But now Apple seems to want to compete by expanding its reach to Android and Windows users.
So if you are curious about how to join FaceTime on Windows, then you can use the following steps.
Using FaceTime on Windows
Even if it works on the Windows platform, you’ll still need an iPhone, iPad, or Mac device to serve as a host for calls.
- On iPhone, open FaceTime.
- Tap the Create Link option.
- Share the link, where this link will be opened via a web browser on Windows.
- Open the link in a web browser, then enter the desired user name, if you have clicked Continue.
- Click the Join option to join the video call.
- Back on the iPhone, you will get a notification that someone has joined. Tap the notification to enter.
- Tap the Join option to connect with the call.
At this stage, FaceTime calls between iPhone and Windows are already connected. Then the user can start the conversation as usual.