How to Turn on Remote Desktop in Windows 11
For those of you who are accustomed to working in the IT world, you must be familiar with the term remote computer, which is to control or control a remote computer, be it a server or desktop computer without having to deal directly with it.
What is Remote Desktop?
Remote Desktop is a feature of the Windows operating system that allows users to remotely control other computers over a computer network. Remote Desktop uses the RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) protocol, which by default runs on TCP port 3389.
With this feature, users do not need to be in direct contact with the computer concerned, which may be very far away.
Remote Desktop on windows 11
By default, the Remote Desktop option should be active in Windows 11. Where with this Remote Desktop, it allows users to remotely control other computers.
But if you find Remote Desktop still can’t access Windows 11, there are a number of settings you need to activate, and here we summarize the short steps.
- First, please open Settings > System > Remote Desktop
- Then, please make sure that the Remote Desktop option is in the ON position, if not then please activate it.
- After that, you can access your Windows 11 device by entering your Windows 11 device IP or Computer Name.
- Enter your Windows Credential which is the username and password for you to log into Windows 11.
- And done. Now you can control Windows 11 remotely.