Send To 1
How to Use Windows 11’s Send To Menu Feature (Add and Remove Options)
Using the Send To menu feature in Windows 11 will make your life easier. Check out the complete way to use the Send To Windows 11 menu here.
As a Windows 11 user, did you know that Windows 11 has a “Send To” feature? in a nutshell overall, Send To is a Windows-style way to copy files/folders using a shortcut, and there’s no need to move pages. With one click, files/folders will move to their destination quickly and practically.
Where is the Send To Windows 11 menu located? In the past, Send To was available in the Windows 11 context menu, before the redesign. Now, you can find Send To by clicking “Show more options” at the bottom of the context menu.
Unfortunately, the Send To menu only supports a few default options. But don’t worry, you can add location support to the Send To menu (for example, to printers, Photoshop, PhotoScape, Winamp, etc.). The trick is to create a special shortcut.
you don’t have to be confused. You can read the tutorial on how to use the Send To Windows 11 menu below.
step by step ADD SHORTCUT OPTION TO “SEND TO” MENU
To customize the “Send To” menu, you must first open the SendTo folder. Only after that, you can add new shortcut options into the folder. So, here are the steps:
- The first step, you have to press the key combination “Windows + R” on the keyboard.
- Type “shell:SendTo” in the Run’s Open box.
- Then click “OK” to open the SendTo folder.
- Now right-click the SendTo folder and select “New.”
- Then click the “Shortcut” option to open a new window.
- Next, you click “Browse” to open the folder selection window.
- Select a folder/software item to add. For example, here I chose PhotoScape.
- After that click the “OK” button.
- To proceed to the last step you have to click “Next”.
- Finally, enter a shortcut title and hit the “Finish” button.
Now try right-clicking any file (whatever, it can be a photo or video) and select the “Send To” menu. After that you will see a new option in Send To, in the form of a software shortcut that you added earlier.
You can also add standard folders or cloud storage (Google Drive, OneDrive or iCloud) to the Send To menu, by repeating the steps above. But you have to install the cloud storage application first so that the folder is available and you can select it in File Explorer.
Anyway, you can also use another way to add items to the SendTo folder in File Explorer. The trick is to drag and drop folders and desktop shortcuts to the SendTo folder. To drag an item to the folder, click the item while holding down the left mouse button, then move the desktop folder/shortcut to SendTo.
step by step to Add a Printer to the “Send To” Menu
Adding a printer option to the Send To menu is very important, especially for those of you who often print documents via a printer. By adding this option, you can directly print the document without needing to open it first. Here’s how:
- Press the shortcut “Windows + R.”
- Type “shell:PrintersFolder” in the text box.
- Click “OK” to run the command.
- Right-click the printer and select the “Create shortcut” menu to create a shortcut on the Send To menu.
- Press the “Yes” button to confirm the command.
- Now open the SendTo folder as before.
- After that, drag the printer shortcut from the desktop to the SendTo folder.
How to Remove Shortcuts from the “Send To” Menu
Besides adding, you can also delete the Send To shortcut. The easy way is to delete it from the menu folder.
Open the SendTo folder via Run (follow the previous steps). Right-click the shortcut you want to delete and select the trash can icon at the bottom.