Windows 11 Feels Slow? Disable some of the following settings…
Have you ever experienced when you are using Windows 11, you feel that Windows 11 is running quite slow on your device, you may need to check some of the following settings.
Already Using SSD
SSD (Solid State Drive) is a data storage device composed of various integrated circuits. SSD is a new generation of storage media that uses flash memory. In terms of the speed of storing, reading and processing data, SSDs are much faster than HDD. SSD use integrated flash memory chips. These memory chips are mounted on a board that is interconnected.
Just like on USB flash drives, SSD carry NAND-based technology. With this technology, SSDs can still store data even when they are not connected to a power supply. Despite carrying the same technology, the type and speed of an SSD is much higher than a flash drive.
Starting from the era of Windows 10, we at least have to use SSD for system storage, because after all SSD will increase the performance of the device and operating system that we use. So have you used an SSD?
Turning Off Animations
You can turn off the Animations feature in Settings > Accessibility > Visual Effects > Animations Effects. This is done if you are already using an SSD, but it turns out that your Windows 11 still feels slow.
Now by turning off animations, of course it feels like there will be a slight increase in performance, especially when opening and closing applications, but of course the full experience of Windows 11 will be reduced.
Turning off Transparency
Then you can turn off the transparent effect in Windows 11 via the Settings > Accessibility > Visual Effects > Transparency page. You can do this step, if the two steps above Windows 11 still feel slow.
Or by going to Settings > Personalizations > Colors > Transparency effects.
Uninstall Bloatware and Unused Apps
In addition to the three things above, you also remove a number of applications that you don’t use as well as some bloatware that is present in Windows 11 by default.
To uninstall bloatware and unused apps, you can use an app like ThisIsWin11 to remove bloatware and even make some adjustments to the Windows 11 you’re using.
Changing Camera Settings in Windows 11
In Windows 11, Microsoft provides new settings for camera devices where users can configure several camera-related settings such as brightness, contrast, rotation, HDR Video, Eye Contact, to perform troubleshooting to fix camera problems.
This article will discuss how to change camera settings in Windows 11.era problems.
Changing Camera Settings in Windows 11
- Step 1. Open Settings.
- Step 2. Click the Bluetooth & devices menu.
- Step 3. On the right pane, click the Camera option.
- Step 4. Click the option on the currently connected camera device.
- You can do several settings, including: brightness, contrast, rotation, Video HDR (if available), and Eye Contact (if available).
Of course, this default setting is quite useful for those who often use the camera. Because there is no need to install 3rd party applications anymore.
How to Enable Touchscreen Keyboard On Windows 11
Windows 11 comes with new changes in almost all system applications. Is that a big change as we saw in the Start menu, the touch keyboard also has some improvements. New touch keyboard improvements were introduced taking into account more touch-friendly features in Windows. The new touch keyboard comes with a transparency effect, the option to add emojis, an animated GIF search bar, and more.
For those of you, who are currently using Windows 11 and have a laptop/PC with a touch screen, you can also activate the touch screen keyboard in Windows 11. Where this keyboard feature, you can use like a tablet. For how to activate it on Windows 11, it’s not so difficult, you just need to follow a few easy steps below:
How to Enable touch keyboard from Settings
You need to enable touch keyboard keys on the taskbar.
- Press Windows Key + i together to open the settings window or you can also right click on the mouse on the start button and select the “settings” menu.
- Once the settings menu opens, click the “Personalization“.
- In the Personalization settings, select the item “Taskbar“.
- Select Taskbar Corner Icons then find and activate Touch Keyboard
- Next, you can notice on the taskbar row there will be a keyboard icon. Click the button to activate the touch screen keyboard.
If you have clicked on the keyboard icon, a touchscreen keyboard will appear as shown below:
How To Setting BitWarden Application Login Using a PIN
What is BitWarden?
If you are a free LastPass account user, you definitely don’t like the new policy where free account users are only allowed to access one device. But don’t worry, now there is an application that is almost the same as the LastPass application, which is a password manager service that you can use to store all your online account passwords. The application is called BitWarden
BitWarden is a Password Manager which was developed in an open source manner, and according to the message on its main page, BitWarden is selling trust in their service “The Most Trusted Open Source Password Manager for Business”.
Why BitWarden and not others?
We recommend using BitWarden over other similar applications because BitWarden has several advantages. Here are some of them:
- Unlimited Vault Items. Now this is one of the important parts, where most other Password Managers only provide a limited space for the number of how many passwords are stored, BitWarden offers unlimited storage even if you are using a free account though.
- Sync On All Devices. LastPass started to eliminate its multi-device Sync capabilities (for free account users), BitWarden still offers this important feature, where you can of course sync passwords on your Smartphone and then open it on your Desktop.
- Password Generator. It’s incomplete if the Password manager doesn’t have a Password Generator, and take it easy, BitWarden also offers this feature, where you can generate passwords to be stored in the Bitwarden database.
After discussing a little bit about BitWarden, one of the things that we think is mandatory for BitWarden extension users in the browser to do is to activate the login function using a PIN, because as we already know, when the browser closes or the device restarts, we have to re-enter the master password which is shared by us. some people find it impractical.
Now with regard to this, on this occasion we will summarize brief steps on how to set up a BitWarden login using a PIN. Here are the steps.
How to Setup BitWarden Login Using a PIN
Step 1. First, make sure that the BitWarden extension is installed in the browser you are using.
Step 2. Next, after you log into your BitWarden account via the extension, please enter Settings.
Step 3. In the settings of BitWarden, please check the Unlock With PIN option.
Next, please enter the PIN that you will use, and a little suggestion, it’s good “Lock with master password on browser restart” you also check the checklist to add security. But if you want a simpler login method, just remove the checklist.
When finished, please click Submit, and with that now the BitWarden login method in your browser already uses a PIN.
If your laptop supports fingerprint, you can also use the Unlock with biometrics method, for an even faster login method.
So, please try guys, hopefully it’s useful.