Dynamic Lock in Windows 11 Troubled? Try These 4 Tips!
Windows 11 offers various security features that help you to protect your PC, one of these features is Dynamic Lock which will automatically lock your device when you are away. However, this does not mean that this feature is not free from problems and if you continue to have problems with this feature, we hope that these tips from us can help you:
Check the Dynamic Lock settings
The first thing you need to do is check and make sure that the Dynamic Lock feature is enabled. To ensure this please go to:
- Settings > Account > Sign-in options
- Scroll the mouse down until you find the Dynamic lock option and click on the Dynamic lock option
- For the next step, you must check the box “Allow Windows to automatically lock your device while you are away”.
Disconnect and Connect Bluetooth Devices
Bluetooth connectivity issues with the wireless device that you are using is one of the problems that can prevent the Dynamic Lock feature from working properly. You can try disconnecting the bluetooth between your PC and your wireless device then pairing them again to resolve this issue.
Update or Reinstall Bluetooth Driver
The Bluetooth driver on your PC is the bridge between your Windows PC and the wireless devices you use. If the bluetooth driver is having problems then it can cause problems like in Dynamic Lock. The solution to this problem is that you can try updating the Bluetooth driver or reinstalling the driver.
- In the search box when Device Manager
- Find the installed bluetooth driver
- Right click on your mouse, then you just choose to update or delete
Update Registry Editor
If the Dynamic Lock feature still doesn’t work after doing the methods above, most likely the feature is disabled and you can activate it using the Registry Editor. However, before moving on to the next step, make sure you have backed up the registry settings first, so that when a problem occurs you can revert to the previous registry.
- Press Windows key + S to open Windows Search and type registry editor in the search box and don’t forget to run it as administrator.
- Select Yes.
- Type the address below to take you to the Winlogon key on the Registry Editor window,
- On the right double click on the EnableGoodbye entry, and set the Value data to 1.
- Then, press OK to continue.
- The last step, restart your PC and double check if you can now use the Dynamic Lock feature or not.
Those are our 4 tips to solve Dynamic Lock problems in Windows 11, hopefully they can help you all.