Genshin Impact won the best game title at The Game Awards 2021. Winning the title of Best Mobile Game 2021, Genshin Impact defeated its competitors, such as Fantasian, League of Legends: Wild Rift, Marvel Future Revolution, and Pokemon Unite
Since 2020, Genshin Impact has managed to grab the attention of gamers. The proof is that at the beginning of its launch, the game has reached 17 million downloads worldwide. Then in November 2021 yesterday the game had earned up to IDR 28.6 trillion in revenue.
It is not surprising that Genshin Impact managed to beat other games for the Best Mobile Game category at The Game Awards 2021. As for the title of Game of The Year 2021, it went to It Takes Two.
This game developed by Electronic Arts won a prestigious title at the event. It’s not just Game of The Year 2021. The adventure game It Takes Two also won the Best Family and Best Multiplayer titles.
Winners of the Game Awards 2021
Besides Genshin Impact and It Takes Two, there are also several other games that won several prestigious titles at The Game Awards 2021, such as Best Sports/Racing won by Forza Horizon 5 and Best Esports Game won by League of Legends.
For more details, here is the complete list of categories and winners of The Game Awards 2021.
- Game of the Year : It Takes Two
- Player’s Choice : Hello Infinity
- Best Game Direction : Death loop
- Best Ongoing : Final Fantasy XIV Online
- Best Indie Debut Category : Kena – Bridge of Spirits
- The Game with the Best Narrative : Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Best Art Direction : Death loop
- Best Score and Music Category : NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139
- Best Audio Design : Forza Horizon 5
- Best Performance Category : Maggie Robertson as Lady Dimitrescu, Resident Evil Village
- Games for Impact Category : Life is Strange: True Colors
- Best Community Support Category : Final Fantasy XIV Online
- Best Mobile Games : Genshin Impact
- Best VR/AR : Resident Evil 4
- Best Action : Returnal
- Best Action/Adventure : Metroid Dread
- Best Role Playing : Tales of Arise
- Best Fighting : Guilty Gear -Strive-
- Best Family : It Takes Two
- Best Sports/Racing : Forza Horizon 5
- Best Sim/Strategy : Age of Empires IV
- Best Multiplayer : It Takes Two
- Most Anticipated : Elden Ring
- Innovation in Accessibility : Forza Horizon 5
- Content Creator of the Year : Dream
- Best Esports Game : League of Legends
- Best Esports Athlete : Oleksandr “s1mple” Kostyliev
- Best Esports Team : Natus Vincere (CS:GO)
- Best Esports Coach : Kim “kkOma” Jeong-gyun
- Best Esports Event Category : 2021 League of Legends World Championship