The days we need to get together in a group at the office, when the meeting is over (thank goodness, given the current health crisis). With the help of technology, meetings can be held anywhere. Whether it’s at home, the train, or while running on the treadmill, connecting with friends and clients have never been easier.
Zoom’s conferencing platform is one of the most popular online “offices” for remote workers — a group that’s been growing in recent times. Thanks to Zoom (as well as Google Hangouts, Microsoft Teams, Skype, and others) millions of people do many professional things from their personal space.
Not all of us have the luxury of a home office, and those who have just don’t have the ones on the Vogue Living pages. In fact, most of us have a workplace even at the dining table and living room sofa. A recent studying says young professionals admit 80% of them work from a mattress (not good for productivity, information only)
Fortunately, Zoom has a feature to make a boring private environment more interesting. This is known as a “virtual background,” and it makes video conferencing more interesting in an easy-to-see place.
In this article, we’ll show you how to use virtual background Zoom and provide some simple tips and tricks to make meetings more engaging, productive, and (more importantly) fun when you’re working from home.
How To Use Zoom Virtual Background
Zoom’s help center includes a long list of technical requirements for using virtual backgrounds on computers, Macs, Linux, and iOS devices. Generally, if your system is new (or newer) you will have no problem accessing and using Zoom virtual backgrounds, including recently added video backgrounds. Computers or mobile using older operating systems can still access Zoom’s virtual background feature, but will require the use of a physical green screen for best results.
Here’s how to add and change the Zoom virtual background:
- Go to Zoom desktop client.
- Click the profile picture, then click Settings.
- Check ‘I have a green screen’ if you have a green screen or color screen behind you. Then you can click on your video to choose the correct color for your green screen or background.
- Click on the image to select a virtual background for the zoom background, or you can also enter your own image by clicking on the ‘+’ sign and selecting whether you want to upload an image or video.
10 tips and tricks for using Zoom virtual background
A good background will greatly enhance the appearance, productivity, and outcome of the meeting or meeting. Here’s how:
- Keeping a private place private. Using a virtual background will allow messy mattresses, unclean laundry, and the clothesline will remain hidden.
- Melting the situation. Those who are new to virtual encounters will feel awkward at first, especially when they are not used to seeing themselves on-camera. Unique virtual background will be the opening conversation and make the atmosphere more fluid.
- Shows professionalism at work. Want to show friends and clients you mean business? Choose a boardroom or office background, or place branding from a company logo, font, and color palette.
- Introducing the meeting members. No need to use outdated business cards, a virtual background can introduce your name, occupation, email address, social media accounts, favorite snacks, and other details that you want to share with friends.
- You can find or create your own background according to your needs and desires.
Whatever setting you want to use, make sure to look at the virtual background and change the obstacles before you start or join the meeting. Now, go ahead and try to use the background in the next Zoom meeting.
Leave a Reply