Apple has just released the iOS 14 operating system for the iPhone. Apple brings a number of important and useful new features to iPhone, from a new application library, widgets on the home screen, to tighter privacy and iMessage improvements.
But unfortunately, not everyone can update iOS 14 smoothly. There are those that take a very long time, even many fail to update their smartphones.
Cause ios 14 failed to download
- Lack of free space
Make sure you have ample storage space to doNot an iPhone device that gets the iOS 14 updatewnload the latest software. The upgrade process may stop if there is no free space available. iPhone usually gives a warning that you need to uninstall some software because it takes up extra free space.
- Failed to update because the battery runs out
This can be fatal if the iPhone dies during the download process. This condition usually occurs because of running out of battery. So make sure you download or update while plugging in the power source.
- Using your smartphone while updating iOS 14
using the iPhone while the smartphone is in the process of downloading, will cause the download process to take a long time or even fail. Therefore, when downloading iOS 14, it’s better not to use the cellphone until the download is complete.
- Not an iPhone device that gets the iOS 14 update
Here is a list of iPhone / iPod devices that are getting the iOS 14 update:
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPod touch (7th generation)
If you are having trouble updating via an iPhone device, you can do this step by downloading iOS 14 via iTunes. The trick is:
- The iTunes you have must be the latest version, if not then you should update it first.
- Connect the iPhone device with a computer that has iTunes installed.
- Choose your iDevice.
- Then click on general options or settings, then check for updates or check for updates.
- Then just select download and update or download and update.
- If asked, enter the passcode you have.
However, the update process via iTunes is not without problems. There are several problems that often arise. So what to do?
- iTunes is out of date. Problems usually arise because iTunes has to be updated first.
- Plug the cable back in. If you encounter the error message, try unplugging and reconnecting your USB cable or turning it at another corner.
- Restart. Try restarting your computer. Then reconnect the iPhone to the computer device.
- Check the computer security system. Make sure that your computer has given permission to run iTunes.
- Download again. Try to download and install it again.